The Minnesota Quarter Horse Racing Association (MQHRA) is a nonprofit organization that was incorporated in 1972 for Quarter Horse owners, breeders and racing enthusiasts.
Quarter Horse racing debuted at Canterbury Downs in 1986 with a ten day season featuring stakes races nearly everyday.
When you become a member of the MQHRA, you become part of something bigger than any one of us alone. There is strength in numbers - the larger and stronger our organization, the more of a voice we have, and the more we can demonstrate, together, our commitment to Quarter Horse breeding and racing in the state of Minnesota.
Our thanks to all of our members, past and present! If you want to join or need to renew click here
- To promote, preserve and enhance the Quarter Horse racing industry in the state of Minnesota
- Provide beneficial services and representation locally and nationally
- To encourage membership growth and participation by valuing each individual and recognizing outstanding achievements
- Provides an opportunity to meet other Quarter Horse enthusiasts interested in breeding and owning fast horses
- Legislative representation
- Negotiate races and race dates at Canterbury Park
- Facebook & Instagram page
- Year end awards
- Trainer awards
- Benevolent activities
- MQHRA special events: Youth Day at the Races, Backside Appreciation Party, Quarter Horse Celebration Night and Annual Meeting
- Increased opportunity to buy and sell speedy horses
- Minnesota bred purse monies
- Minnesota Stallion Auction Futurity
- FUN, FUN, FUN!